Everything about renting a bike and cycling in Barcelona. Organized guided bike tours in Barcelona, the ideal way to discover the city.
Cycling in Barcelona & Guided bike tours
Do you want to enjoy cycling in Barcelona? Barcelona is the perfect city to discover by bicycle. You can rent a bike on your own or participate in an organized bike tour. These organized cycling tours are usually also accompanied by an English-speaking guide. In the city of Barcelona and along the beach many cycle paths have been laid, but if a cycle path is missing it is also permitted to cycle on footpaths of more than 5 meters wide in the city. At smaller footpaths you will have to cycle on the road in Barcelona. The bicycle is an ideal way to cycle past sights like the Sagrada Familia, Parc de la Ciutadella, the beach or the Gothic Quarter.
Barcelona guided bike tours
A cycling tour organized by a local English-speaking guide is therefore the best way to get to know the city and its surroundings for the first time in Barcelona. From my own experience I know that the guides will tell you interesting stories and anecdotes about the city. On this website you can book various bike tours from 29.50 euros or rent a bike yourself for a day. Some examples of bicycle tours you can book:
- Bike tour with the highlights of Barcelona, cycling for 3 hours along the highlights of Barcelona such as the Sagrada Familia, La Rambla and the Parc de la Ciutadella. More info.
- A Tapas bike tour: same as the above tour, but you will stop to eat Spanish tapas on the way. More info.
- E-bike panorama tour: Enjoy some fantastic views while riding an e-bike. Let a friendly local take you on a surprising excursion on the Montjuïc mountain and see some of the city’s lesser known spots. More info.
- Barcelona's Student Bicycle Tour: the ideal bicycle tour for school trips or students. More info.
- Private bike tour in Barcelona: not in the mood for a group tour? Arrange your private guide here for a standard route or have your own cycling route compiled. More info.
- Kids bicycle tour: the most child-friendly cycle route. More info.
Bringing bicycles on public transport
Outside rush hour, during the weekend and during the summer holidays, bicycles may also be taken on the Barcelona metro. They are always welcome on the regional trains of FGC.
Barcelona bicycle project
In addition, Barcelona has a bicycle project for residents of the city. On the photo above you can see the red, white, black bikes that are parked and cycling all around Barcelona. This bicycle lending project is more intended for residents and not so much for tourists, because registration for the borrowed bicycles will take some time. As a tourist it is better to rent Barcelona bikes at one of the above companies.