Review of all Barcelona tourist cards, combo tickets and travel passes like Hola BCN cards: which Barcelona City Pass will really save you money or long queues?
Review: Barcelona City Passes
There is a wide selection of city passes and tourist cards on offer for Barcelona. Research has shown that not all travel and tourist passes for European cities actually save you money. But there are a number of Barcelona passes that you can order that really offer a good deal, like the Barcelona City Pass and Hola BCN Travel Card. The main thing you save with a number of these tourist passes is the long queues at some of the most popular attractions. A list and our review of all interesting passes and travel cards:
1) Recommended: Barcelona City Pass
Highly recommended! Almost every tourist wants to visit the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell. These sights are often sold out several days in advance and can have long queues. With this Barcelona Pass, Tiqets.com has combined them all into a single tourist pass.
- The most important tickets in one purchase. Pick your own timeslot while you book.
- You will receive your tickets immediately, it is also possible to show the tickets via your mobile phone. Unlike other Barcelona tourist passes, you don't have to pick up the tickets somewhere first.
What's included in the Barcelona Pass?
- Fast-track entry to Sagrada Familia (tower visit possible as an additional option)
- Entry to Monumental Zone of Park Güell
- Choose 1 of these 3 tickets: Casa Batlló, Casa Milà or 24-hour ticket for the 'Hop on Hop off Bus' (Would you prefer just Park Güell and the Sagrada Familia? Then buy the 'Barcelona Super Combi)
- Downloadable high-quality audio guide app for Barcelona
- 10% discount on various attractions
- More info and bookings Barcelona Pass
- More than 12 persons? Click here to get guidance for your group booking
2) Hola BCN Transport Card
Planning to travel by public transport (metro)? With the Hola BCN Transport Card you get unlimited travel with public transport (bus, metro incl. airport and Ferrocarril city trains). After you've ordered your travel card on this website you get a special code and you can easily pick up the Hola BCN Card at one of the machines of TMB, for instance at the airport.
- 48 hours for € 17.50
- 72 hours for € 25.50
- 96 hours for € 33.30
- 120 hours for € 40.80
- BCN Essentials Pass (BCN Travel Card + Sagrada Familia + Park Güell) from € 73 (Book your BCN Essentials Pass)
3) Best of Barcelona Bundle
- The 3 most important tickets in one purchase. Pick your own timeslot while you book.
- You will receive your tickets immediately, it is also possible to show the tickets via your mobile phone. Unlike other discount passes, you don't have to pick up the tickets somewhere first.
What's included in the Best of Barcelona Bundle?
4) Art lover? - Articket (Barcelona Museum Pass)
The Barcelona Articket (or Barcelona Museum Pass) is a great ticket if you plan to visit many art museums. This ticket (€ 38) is usually worth it even if you only visit two museums, such as the popular Picasso museum. The advantage of this ticket is that you won't have to stand in a long queue!
The Barcelona Articket offers one admission in twelve months to each of the following museums:
- Picasso museum (often big queues!)
- Joan Miro Museum
- Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (MNAC)
- Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA)
- Fundació Antoni Tàpies
- Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB)
5) '3 Houses of Gaudí' Card
Lover of Gaudí's architecture? Then visit three important Gaudí buildings. The 3 Houses of Gaudí Card contains tickets for three buildings (La Pedrera, Casa Batlló and Casa Vicens), which are not far from each other. This combo ticket includes:
- Standard reserved entrance Casa Batlló
- Skip the line ticket La Pedrera - Casa Milà
- Ticket Casa Vicens
- Barcelona audio guide app
6) Barcelona card and other tourist cards
The Internet is full of other touristpasses for Barcelona. The selection I made here only consists of discount passes that actually save you time and/or money. Avoiding the sometimes huge queues for attractions is what really makes these passes worth the money. I don't recommend the so-called Barcelona Card. It's one of those typical travel cards that probably isn't worth it.
Save even more money?
This blog article contains 22 fun activities that you can do for free in Barcelona.
7) Buy individual tickets
If you only want to visit a limited number of sights, it can also be advantageous to simply purchase individual tickets instead of a Barcelona City Pass. The most popular tickets for attractions in Barcelona: